Marsha Porter is running for Conroe City Council Position 5.
“I’m a strong fiscally conservative Republican candidate for Position 5 of the Conroe City Council,” said Porter.
Porter has been a resident of Conroe for 52 years, worked for Conroe ISD for 39 years as a schoolteacher, coach, and athletic director, and is currently the Arts Liaison for the City of Conroe.
“I am the only candidate with 8 years-experience on City Council, and the only candidate with city government experience maintaining a 200 million-dollar budget with no tax increase for residents,” said Porter.
Porter talked about her qualifications, which include:
- Conroe City Council for 8 years 2008-2016
- Former Conroe Industrial Development Corporation board member
- Past member of City of Conroe’s financial committee/personnel committee/insurance
- Former member of the tourist council
Porter talked about her Unique Qualifications, which are:
- Experience of 8 years on city council
- Only candidate to vote to lower taxes
- Voted for a strong tree ordinance
- Voted to increase the arts grants
- Proposed and passed a senior water rate and homestead exemption
- Voted for 2 new fire stations and 1 state of the art police station
- Voted to buy additional land in the Conroe Industrial Park
- Only one that has city government experience
- Presided over a $200 million-dollar budget
Porter added that she has not accepted any donations from corporations, PAC’S, major developers, or lobbyists.
“Conroe needs a comprehensive development plan to restore economic development and maintain the infrastructure to coincide with the City growth. Plans would include increased development of the Industrial Park to attract additional employees and a campaign to invest and shop Conroe,” said Porter.
Editor’s note: The above announcement was provided by the candidate. Bluebonnet News of Montgomery County is offering one free announcement to candidates in all local races in the November 3rd election. Announcements should be no longer than 500 words. Announcements, along with a picture of yourself, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.