Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, can confirm five additional deaths related to COVID-19. Two hospitalized, a woman in her 60s from Splendora and a man in his 80s from Conroe have died, both had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19. The three out-of-hospital deaths are males, one in his 50s from Porter, one in his 60s and one in his 70s both from New Caney.
We can also confirm the following:
- TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 119 to 6,196 since yesterday’s report.
- ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 decreased by 53 to 2,411 since yesterday’s report.
- 66 residents are known to be in the hospital, as a result of contact investigations. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
- 3,613 people have clinically recovered an increase of 167 since yesterday’s report.
Have questions? Please go to https://mcphd-tx.org/ and scroll down to the FAQs.
Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Consider staying home unless it is necessary to leave your home.
- Avoid groups of people.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a mask (if it is necessary to leave your home).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Disinfect surfaces in your car, around your home and your cell phone.
You can find more information on the SETRAC website, setrac.org.
Our system is undergoing maintenance this week, and updates to the case-by-case list will not be available until further notice. You can view the list of case-by-case updates from Thursday, July 23rd on the MCPHD website here: https://mcphd-tx.org/coronavirus-covid-19/confirmed-cases/. You can refer to the dashboard here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Just a reminder, online registration is now available for COVID-19 testing through the MCPHD/MCHD voucher program. Click on “Need to be tested?” on mchd-tx.org or mcphd-tx.org and follow the instructions. The COVID-19 Call Center’s number is 936-523-3916. It is open Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.