The Montgomery County Election’s office reports that 26,792 people voted early in the Nov. 5 Joint Election in the County.
The Woodlands had the biggest early voting turnout, with 12,857 early votes, and Conroe had the second biggest turnout, with 4,538 people voting early, according to the Election’s Office.
The polls on Election Day, Nov. 5, are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and you must vote in your precinct on Election Day.
For a list of voting precincts, log onto:
According to www.votetexas.com, the seven approved photo IDs in Texas are:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
The state has 10 constitutional amendment propositions on the ballot, The Woodlands Township is having their general election as well as the city of Patton Village, Dity of Houston and the City of Splendora, according to the Elections Office. There are also a couple of school bond propositions on the ballot, some MUD Districts have propositions as well for bonds and the Metro election.
For an explanation of the 10 propositions on the ballot, log onto the County Election’s website, at: